Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Snow Beaver

And it came to pass that the day after the Christmas day snowfall, a pathway out of the drive needed to be cleared.
The one who is used to the snow and cold (Jen), went out to clear the path.
Just before she was finished, with only the end of the drive to do, the Beaver left the warm cocoon of the home and offered his assistance.

He shoveled mightily to finish clearing the path that we might go forth and shop.
Now, it happened that before the women were ready
to shop, the one with hidden power (Denise),
spake unto the Snow Beaver and said, "Rick, are you going to vacuum out my truck and put on my new seat covers?" And he replied, "sure".
And the wife of the Beaver was at the same time distressed and delighted, for she had been asking to have tasks completed for months on end with no result. And low, the Beaver did go forth and
vacuum the truck and also he did labor in the cold at putting the seat covers on the front seats of the truck. And he did this in frigid temperatures without gloves or hat.
And his wife did kiss him and thank him mightily for assisting the injured daughter with the task.


And lo, the Beaver did return to the warmth of the house to sit with Butch whilst the women journeyed to the mall to exchange money for trinkets.










8 comments:

Denise said...

You have no idea how grateful I was to have him put my seat covers on!!! I could have never done it alone and especially not in my condition. THANK YOU!!!!

Sheryl said...

You're welcome. He loved doing it because it was for YOU!

Grandmajoann said...

That was the cutest story ever! Written with such talent. And I am glad the Beaver so helpful. I'm sure he has no idea how much just a little help is appreciated! AND I wouldn't have the faintest idea how to put seat covers on. Thank you Rick.....
And Denise I am so glad you are okay.
Love ya all....Christmas was fun.

Anonymous said...

Well, Beavers are known to be busy creatures. I think what we learned is that when a man is faced with the choice of a) going shopping or b) chores, he would rather do chores!

Nate said...

Now we have something to really look forward to when the Beaver comes to visit: SHOVELING. I hope he realizes in the NORTH POLE (aka Erie) that you have to shovel 3 times a day and not just the driveway; he must also shovel the back porch and a large place on the grass so 'da baby and 'da belly have a place to use the restroom.

It sure is nice knowing that the family was well taken care of over the holidays. I have ridden in Dee's truck before, so I know the work that was involved in vacuuming it; way to go Rick!!

Jen said...

That was great! I really did appreciate the story of the Snow Beaver.

Sheryl said...

I may include this story in the new children's series of books that I will be writing. They will all be about The Leisurely Beaver.

Grandmajoann said...

I will be waiting for the publishing of "The Leisurely Beaver"!