Thursday, January 1, 2009

More Christmas Fun



Jen did a fine job of posting Christmas pictures, but I had a few I thought I would go ahead and post any way since Nate needed more pics of his niece.


We started our morning still in the hospital. Jo made a wonderful breakfast casserole and sent it up with Jen and Rick. We opened our gifts from the Barnes family (which you were NOT supposed to send, but thank you, they were great)!

Jen says that she can get the rubic's cube to a checkerboard and back again.


Rick would like you to believe that he just finished putting his back in place, but in reality he just opened it!












Denise woke up feeling much better. We got her up and in the shower. They had taken her off the IV fluids but had not yet pulled the catheter's out of her arms. She had them on the under side of both elbows, and the nurse covered them with ripped out rubber gloves and tape and then sent her in to shower. The down side of that was, that they were wrapped so tightly with tape that she couldn't bend her arms, so her shower was mostly a rinse job.





As soon as we made it home we called Steph so we could get some sort of festivities started. The girls all had on matching outfits, and looked adorable. Of course, Ava wanted me to take a picture of her butt, and the other two joined in.


Here are their furry little blue butts.....







.........and the gorgeous faces that go with them.
















Our gifts got opened in waves, depending on who was actually present. We waited and waited for the Booth's, but finally had to let them open some presents.

Grandma and Rick got them some styling manikins so they can 'do' hair to their heart's content.







Then there was the craft painting and the bath in

the jetted tub. Who knew that you could make that many bubbles by turning on the jets?












After the bathing, there was more present opening.

My Little Ponies from aunt Denise.













And, some very cool pillow cases with special crayons to color on your own picture from Jo, Aaron and Colton.
















Jen gave Keaton a tube full of little, tiny dogs that would make Grandpa Arlyn proud. I found one the next day when I stepped on it and it nearly pierced my foot.










Denise and Henry exchanged coats. In retrospect they each could have gotten their own. I particularly enjoy Aaron in this picture.













Colton was very pleased with his sewing machine, and I have had a lot of fun saying "I got my grandson a sewing machine for Christmas".














It took a while, but we finally got JoLyn to sit still and open her gifts.


While it was an unorganized and wildly messy event, we had a good time and it is always great for Rick and I to spend time with everyone. We will be taking a turn in Erie next weekend.




5 comments:

Jen said...

I'm just impressed that you got a couple of pictures of Aaron!

Nate said...

Although it is a week late, it was definitely worth the wait and what a bonus getting several pictures of Aaron and Colton opening a present.

Now it feels almost like we were there. We are looking forward to seeing you guys next weekend. I am hoping that Erie gives you a "warm" welcome!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see Jen and Rick enjoying the 80's. Liv and Nate mastered the rubic via the internet. It took them several hours and only a few fits (Nate not Liv).

Grandmajoann said...

I must say Happy New Year to all of you. The pictures are just heart warming, and so enjoyed them. This blog thing is the greatest thing you could have done. It makes us all feel very close. Keep them coming.

Denise said...

Guess what my New Year's resolution is? A nose job and these pictures reminded me because I want to blow my nose off in that side pic. HA HA!