So, since I had blogged about all the drama on my work team a while back I thought I would go out with a bang by telling you all how wierd my last week turned out to be.
My manager left for his Thanksgiving vacation on the Friday before Thanksgiving. He and his family were driving to Idaho so he took the whole week off. On that Thursday just about the time I got home from work, one of my coworkers texted me and told me that Josh (the manager's little buddy) had cleared out his things and moved to another desk on the other side of the building. This is a good thing. The guy never did really fit in. He is one of those covert, sneaky, nasty people who just leave you with a dirty feeling. We were all quite pleased to see him go. Too bad for the boss, but those 2 behaved badly together and it needed to happen.
So we all go off for Thanksgiving. We come back on Monday, and no boss man. One of the team leads sent him a text, no reply. Finally, we go our Director and ask about him. Apparently he is not coming in. Cool. One more day without his fine supervision.
Tuesday morning comes and I go in. He's sitting at his desk. I didn't say anything to him because usually on his first day back from vacation he is more moody than a 15-year-old girl. That day would be no different. He did not speak to anyone unless they spoke to him directly. Then they got one word answers. Ah, welcome back. So happy you are here, you little diva!
Wednesday things get back to a more normal feeling, but Josh is still showing up on all of our reports. No one really dares to ask about that directly, so we still aren't clear on why he is off the team, but still on the team reports. Any way....Thursday afternoon rolls around and our Director gathers everyone up for a quick meeting. She is a ridiculously hyper, wierd woman. She flaps her hands around and talks really fast, like everything she says is just vitally important and needs to be delivered in the utmost haste. So she is stammering around, and turning in circles and flapping her hands around, and finally says, "well there is no really good way to say this, so I will just tell you....this is going to be really hard for Nate...he is really emotional about this...."(by the way, Nate is standing here waiting for her to spit something out. He is near tears and can hardly look at anyone) .."so, well, Nate has agreed to take charge of another team, and this is your new manager" Then she goes on to introduce some guy no one has ever heard of or seen before, and Nate is standing there choking back tears, and we are all just standing there with our mouths open wondering what the BLEEP just happened!
I guess it turns out that this is their attempt to rectify the misdeeds of Mr.'s Nate and Josh. They have split them up and moved Nate to a team of bottom-sucking misfits. As much as he probably had it coming...I feel bad for him. These people are the strangest group of people you have ever seen.
So my last day on the team, it turns out to be his last day with the team. Since I had already told them I didn't want any fuss made about my leaving it left the door open to throw together a farewell lunch for him. We did a little roast, and I told him I thought it was really selfish of him to steal my thunder. I have been here 2 and a half years, hated every day of it, and on the last day I have to be there he upstages me by leaving the team too.
It did get a little smile out of him. I do what I can! ;-}
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Ahh, workplace drama! I guess you should be glad that someone finally decided to do something about your disfunctional manager and his buddy, but even more glad that you don't have to be involved in the team anymore anyway. Good luck starting your new job on Monday, and I will keep my fingers crossed that you will get to work with sane and reasonable people.
I will also be crossing my fingers that you get to work with some decent people.
Are you sure they are not a couple instead of buddies?
Well, of course they are a couple. I was trying to be a little bit more politically correct just in case their wives look at my blog.
LOL
Post a Comment