We had this incredible thunder storm last night. We experimented with a bunch of different devices to shoot some video. This one Rick did on his camera. It's pretty good, but really didn't capture everything we wanted. There are some black moments on the videos, which just means the camera wasn't pointed in the right direction to capture the lightening at that moment.
This storm went on for over 2 hours. There was not one second that did not have lightening somewhere in the sky. The sound you hear is continuous rolling thunder, it also went on for the entire storm. I don't recall ever witnessing a storm like it.
It did not rain the entire time, although we did get over an inch of rain in a short period of time, and the yard is flooded again. Apparently in Tempe and Phoenix they also had hurricane force winds. Watching the news this morning, it is a real mess with downed trees and power lines, and crushed cars. ASU just finished contruction on a football practice field with a bubble dome. It was blown down and shredded in to pieces that were found several miles away at Tempe Town Lake. An 8 million dollar mess.
We were fortunate to get missed by that part of it. Our storm was actually quite enjoyable, and we stayed up way too late watching.
I had my interview yesterday for the Finance Counselor postition. I thought it went well, but what the heck do I know. She told me that if I was selected to move on in the process I would have an email this morning with questions that needed to be answered and returned by 8am. I didn't get the email, so.....whatever. I have put in for 2 other positions and this one was my last choice, so I'm not terribly unhappy about it.

9 comments:
Ang and I have spent countless hours outside taking pictures and video of some of our thunderstorms without ANY luck. The videos you guys got look twice as good as anything we came up with.
It sounds like you guys have had some good storms this summer. My dad was saying Utah has been pretty dry. It was 67 degrees as a high yesterday here, so we have got out the long pants and long sleeves.
I can't even imagine putting on long pants and sleeves. I wear the pants to work and can't get them off fast enough when I get home.
The storm looks awesome. That is my favorite part of summer and we have had like two cool thunderstorms all summer and they were both at like 2:00 in the morning. But alas me and Bradley were still up watching them.
I think the reason Nate and I have had such poor success trying to capture some of our storms is that they are during the day. Lightening is cool to watch no matter what time of the day but to capture it on video or as a picture it has got to be dark to be impressive.
Well done!
Well JoLyn and I got back from getting facials and read this and we could barely see the video thru JoLyn's makeup and my greasy acne ridden face!!!
I am so jealous :( I want lightning and thunder.
Tell Yolanda to get back on here. What is the problem? We miss her and need her sense of humor. Also, I need some kind of post about Colton's school. I text and/or call that boy and never hear back from him!
I hope you guys are sending that storm our way. We need the rain and I really just want to be able to sit out on my patio and enjoy a thunderstorm.
P.S. Jolyn told me that she gets on the blog every day intending to look at all of the posts, but she gets distracted by SUDOKU on her own page and she can't get past it!
JoLYN! You are the weakest link!
Jolyn, I am unimpressed! Do sudoku on your own time, and get a new post up.
I know for a fact that sudoku only takes a few minute. I do that one everyday while I'm checking to see if you have posted anything new!
Get to it!
Post a Comment