Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Concert That Wasn't



















So, here you will see my Brooks and Dunn tickets. You will notice that the stub is still attached which indicates that they have not been used. Sadly, we did not get to the concert last Saturday night.


We got Rick home from the hospital around noon. He showered his bad self, and then his mom wanted to go to the Swap Meet and get some Crocs, so we took her down. Then of course, there was he visit to the nursing home to see Clarence. By the time we were done there it was time to leave for the concert and the thought of an hour drive, fighting the crowd, sitting on the lawn for 3 hours, fighting the crowd, and driving an hour home just wasn't that pleasant a thought. So because I am old and tired we stayed home.


I don't remember if I mentioned in the midst of Rick's hospital stay we also checked Clarence in to the nursing home. As you can see by the picture he was very, very happy to see us that day.


There is a stark difference between this place and the care center where Grandpa Arlyn stayed. I am happy that dad was in such a nice facility, and also sad that Clarence's new home is not as attractive. They have only managed to lose track of him once since he got there. Somehow he managed to escape the dining room and wound up on a different ward. Once they corraled him and got him back where he belonged he fell while trying to get himself in to the wrong bed. Quite an adventure! Janet has had a "come to Jesus" meeting with the head nurse so we hope not to have something like that repeated.
We are fairly boring people, but will try to spice things up a bit in the future. Maybe a trip to the dump or perhaps I will start filming all the vehicles that drive down the alley to the swat team house. Or, if I am lucky the swat team will come by and perform again!

7 comments:

Matt-n-Jef said...

I so love that we HAVE all turned Redneck.. I would give anything to see Kenny Chesney in concert. Do any of you remember Bryan White or Paul Brandt? LOVE IT!!!Funny thing is that we bought tickets to George Michael and I won two tickets for our friends to attend with us about a month ago. GO RETRO!!!

Jen said...

Three cheers for being old and tired! I am your daughter and I already feel old and tired most of the time. In fact, I think it is past my bed time right now...

Sheryl said...

I see by your post time that is was past your bedtime, and I was already in bed.

Jef, I do not remember either of those people. I must be even older than I thought!

Nate said...

Sheryl..I am appalled!!! I am sure there was someone out in rural Arizona, drinking a 40 on their front porch, flat bed Ford Truck parked in the driveway with a loaded gun mounted in the rear window, deer horns hanging over the garage, who's girlfriend just left them...you get the point...who would have loved those TICKETS!!!!!!!

I am trying to be as politically incorrect as I can...and being the humble person I am...I hope I didn't offend anyone!!

Anonymous said...

I am so sad that you didn't get to go to your concert. But I do know that feeling of just being all tuckered out by the evening and things become much more of a hassle.

Jef I am totally jealous about George Michael!!! Gotta love retro.

Sheryl said...

There are probably some beer drinking, gun toting, squirrel shooting fools somewhere out here but i don't know them.

I was planning to go right up until the time it was time to go and we didn't. Oh well, the tickets were free. Easy come, easy go.

Denise said...

I am completely mortified you let those tickets slip thru your fingers......I have nothing else to say.