Don't ask me how something like this happens. I guess it is trying to fit 2 vehicles in to one and a half spaces. Let me just say.....it doesn't work very well.
Richard managed to back my car in to his truck.
The truck was parked to the far right side of the driveway, and it IS possible to back another vehicle out of the carport IF the guy backing out remembers there is a truck there, and IF he is watching where he is going.
Unfortunately, neither one of those scenarios was in place when this little scraping happened. Luckily nothing is permanently broken. The rearview mirror just needs to be squeezed back in to it's place, and the trim piece will be easy enough to replace. I guess after nearly 3 years something was bound to happen. It goes right along with the cracked windshield!
The truck got a little crease in the front quarter panel, but nobody lost paint, and no blood was shed. Although it did give me a headache, and the thought crossed my mind that maybe I should drink heavily at dinner. Fortunatly dinner turned out to be Pei Wei so I drowned my sorrows in Lettuce Wraps and iced tea. Yummy!!

11 comments:
I'm sorry about your car. Were the driver's eyes open or was he using the force to navigate? Just wondering :).
It's always good when you can drown your sorrows and stresses in some good food and a beverage.
Did you really even have to ask that question? Of course he was using the Force. He straight up admitted that he just backed outwithout looking.
This is particularly disturbing because he parked his truck there not 10 minutes before he backed in to it. It's not like he didn't know it was there.
That's the worst...a fender-bender and not even having someone else to blame it on. A small lapse in judgment is all it takes to give you a big headache.
If Rick wants any consolation, tell him to call Ang and mention "the rock". She will have compassion for sure.
Did my husband just throw out "the rock"??? I readily admit to being a crapy driver!!!!!
I did happen to run over a small boulder and do quite a bit of damage to the protege. The boulder did not come out of nowhere, it was a permanent fixture in the neighborhood the entire time we lived there. I may have been using the force when I ran over it, or more specifically trying to find my sunglasses. OOPS!!
I suppose it can happen to any one. And by the way, that Protege is one sweet ride.
Now for the real story!!!Neighborhood Nascar was going so well until Rick said if she cuts me off on turn 8 again i'm gonna slam her into the wall :). Luckly slams into the wall (aka driveway) are not as severe at the blistering 5MPH.
Nice blog, I can't believe how big all the kids are getting.Hope you all are doing well- Dewey
Well, we all make these mistakes! Mine happens with the pole of my own carport! I would like to take the award for the trashiest car.
RICHARD!!! Ya we all know what my truck looks like lol. Ang, remember when I drove the protege over that curb at Dick's parking lot? Lol...good times.
Denise!! I never heard of you wrecking the Protege!!! You kids have NO respect and NO CLASS!!
Steph!! Your car is High Class compared to your Neon with all the chips in the hood. You have definitely stepped up.
Sheryl...I have one word CHARACTER!!
I totally forgot about that curb D! Why were you driving and not me? I can't even remember. Well I guess it is a good thing I have a trashy car because then I would really be pissed off when I wrecked it. Trashy is as trashy does!!
It's true Nate, wrecking the car doesn't build character....it reveals character!
I'm just not sure if it is the wrecker or the wreckee that we are talking about!
Post a Comment