I hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend as much as I am, and I hope Angie got a long weekend! I'm not sure if your school recognizes the holiday, but I hope so. I am actually on my 4th day off. After staying up half the night to watch our storm on Thursday, I was in no kind of shape to go to work on Friday. Plus, my car was in to get the damage repaired, and we were only working a half day any way so I just didn't go.
Jef made it in to town Friday night, so on Saturday night I met them in Cave Creek for dinner. That was fun, and I am sorry I do not have photographic evidence. Every once in a while my camera does this thing were it insists that the card is full even though I know there is nothing on it. I went through the steps to format is 3 times, and still could not take a picture. I hope Jef's turn out.
I spent Saturday priming 2 walls in my kitchen. I have never really cared for the way the turned out when I painted the first time, so I decided it was time for a do-over. I had liked the idea behind my first try, but it turned out way too pink. I probably would have liked it better if I had started with a darker base, but I decided to just go with a solid golden color.
I like the soft yellow a lot better. I took it out that doorway and in to the hall as well. I will also use this color in my home office. The hall and office were just a tic darker yellow already.
They used flat paint, which I absolutely hate, so it gets a do-over with a shade lighter semi-gloss.We still need Rick to put the pot rack back up, and I have a red valance for the window, but the painting is DONE! The third picture just shows the red and yellow walls together. I also want to get rid of the 'tupid mini blind, but I haven't decided what to do in it's place. I am considering a red roman shade, or maybe a natural color wood blind.
I would happily take opinions on window coverings.

8 comments:
I think that your kitchen looks awesome! I have my kitchen taped and I was going to paint today, but I decided to wait until Mike repairs the water damage on my ceiling on Tuesday or Wednesday. No sense in making two messes when you can make just one.
Thank, I'm pretty pleased with it. I may use this same color in the living room too. That way when you sit on the couch, you would see the same color through out. I hope the ceiling repair isn't a big deal, and doesn't take too long.
I like it, I really love the red you chose! I would really like to get motivated enough to paint the hall and office upstairs but it doesn't bother me enough yet.
It looks fabulous Sheryl...we have not had access to the internet for the last 3 days (DAMN Time Warner), so right now I have found an available wireless network in my neighborhood, so I can finally post a comment.
I think red was a very bold pick for your kitchen, but it looks a lot better. What technique did you use originally...it looks like there is pink and white???
Painting is not a great way to spend a three day weekend, but the finished product is definitely worth it!!!
Originally, I started with a white background and mixed a little red paint with clear glaze. Then you just brush it on here and there. Then I went over is with a beige glaze as well. I think if I had started with a beige background and done the red and a lighter beige I would have liked the result better.
I do like the yellow, although you can see in the pictures that the red does reflect in it. The corners kind of take on an orange color in the pictures. Not so much in person.
The kitchen is looking good mamma. I have no decorating ability so I can't help you with the shades business.
How fun to see everyone's home decor! I would go with a red roman shade if you can match it. I think it looks great. And glad you and Jef met up! You had a more exciting weekend than we did. Dick is still home bound and still cannot read a word. He goes to the Dr tomorrow and hopefully they will give him some good news.
Hurray! I finally got this to work..
I agree that a red Roman Shade would be good..with maybe some tassels or ribbon to match the yellow color thats on the wall.
Post a Comment