Sunday, August 10, 2008

Nothing Exciting Ever Happens Here

It's really true. Nothing much ever happens around here. It gets hot. And then it gets hotter. You want to go outside. Every cell in your body is shouting, "It's summer! Go out and work in the yard...have a picnic, sit on the porch and enjoy a cold beverage." But it's too dang hot, so you don't. You find other fairly lame things to do. Like.....


........ On Monday I was too lazy to fix dinner, so we enjoyed some 'sweet chicken' sandwiches.




I followed this car for several blocks the other day on the way home from work. I never did actually see the person driving, although I'm sure there was one.






At the swapmeet today we witnessed this poor little chihuahua being embarrassed by his mistress.


The single most exciting thing that happened this week is that Rick shaved off his beard, and now all we can do it wait for it to grow back! How fun is that?



8 comments:

Jen said...

Rock on! If you are eating sweet chicken sandwiches then your life is even more exciting than mine. Mmmmmm, sweet chicken!

Anonymous said...

I love sweet chicken and I am mad they are not open on Sunday! Me and the girls ran to the mall yesterday and I thought we would grab some lunch, I really did want chic-fil-a.

Can't wait to see the new beardless look up close and personal.

Denise said...

That is funny. So you don't like the beardless beaver? He doesn't like it? You both want it back? I think it looks good.

Sheryl said...

I think we both want it back. He is seriously de-beavered without it

Nate said...

Well you will certainly have a change of weather when you visit us on Friday, but I'm not sure about the exciting part. Today the high was 74 and yesterday the high was 70 and it rained nearly an inch. I think this month alone we already have almost 3 inches of rain.

Ang has been changing from tank top and shorts...to pants and a sweat shirt at least twice a day..and it's not because the air conditioner is turned down to low...it's because when the sun goes behind the clouds; it gets cold!! The people around here say it is usually hotter in August..but I will take this any day of the week...You will absolutely love the mornings, drinking coffee on the front porch!!!

Sheryl said...

I am totally excited to drink coffee on the front porch in cool weather. My front porch still doesn't have a roof.....RICK!

Anonymous said...

Rick get the roof done!

Grandmajoann said...

Hey, I like the beard off. Now we can really see what Rick looks like! And, I am envious that anyone has time to sit on the front porch and sip or eat anything! I hope you all have a great weekend! I would love to see Niagra Falls again. Be sure and put all that you do on the Blog!