Tuesday, July 15, 2008

White Trash Bird Bath

The wheelbarrow got left out in the rain last week and managed to catch a fair amount of rain water. We found this cute little quail taking a bath. When he didn't get spooked, we realized that he was stuck in there.

I am a serious bird-o-phobe. I really do not want to touch or be touched by a bird. Rick was not thrilled about the idea of picking it up either, but he managed to tip the water out a little bit at a time until Mr. Quail was able to hop out and run away. We hope that he has been safely reunited with his family.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I think you should have kept it for a pet! Maybe the quail and the gopher could have been good friends, now you will never know.

I have to admit I would have been a little scared to get close too, it is a wild animal.

Nate said...

My god...you guys have had some rain...the wheelbarrow looks half full. I wish we could have seen the two of you trying to figure out a way to get the bird out...and then watching Rick slowly drain the water. I am laughing just thinking about it..I have been attacked by birds several times, so I share your anxiety of being close to them.

We have had our own bird problem. Our air conditioner has not been working, so with the windows open at night we get to hear all the birds "BEAUTIFUL" music at about 6:30 in the morning...it has been sooo charming.

Sheryl said...

The up side is that your air conditioner is out! That will save you a few bucks. LOL. I will admit that some of the water was run off from the roof, it wasn't all just from the rain.

I'm sure the gopher and the quail ARE friends. They will most likely soon attract a coyote and then it will be ON!

Anonymous said...

Well if they could attract a coyote then all your pest problems would be solved! Unless it is some sort of sick conspiracy...probably involving DEER!

Nate said...

I have to leave a comment about your river rock here because I didn't know if you would get it on your other post.

Anyways...I didn't realize that you could double click on a picture and make it larger. After realizing this, I went back to all of your pictures and you don't realize how awesome the river of rock is until you blow it up. I can't believe how much work that must have been...it looks great.

Jen said...

I love your white trash bird bath! If you could just throw an old set of furniture out on the dirt next to it you would really have the white trash vibe going. I also believe that the conspiracy probably involves deer, possibly even deer making ice. You never know what the wildlife may be up to.

Denise said...

I was attacked by a seagull at Hogle Zoo....bit my finger....I bled. When I was a child.

I have to tell you that I am still laughing about the hot young thing staying on the bull and you being chucked off!!

Steph Thompson said...

Well what can we say, our family is white trash....so why not have a white trash bird bath. You could have kept it and charged admission for a growing petting zoo!

Nate said...

The real white trash thing would have been to pull out the shotgun, shoot the quail and then barbeque it up on the front porch, sitting on a old frumpy couch, drinking a 44oz Natural light that you got from the mini fridge next to the couch.

We still have some work to do if we want to truly be white trash!!!

Jen said...

I'm a little scared about how well Nate knows white trash. I have to agree, his description takes the cake.