The main bathroom in the house had this weird stripey circus thing going on. I'm not really sure what they were shooting for, or why you would go to so much effort to create something so hideous. It looked like they had used leftovers that they had gathered up from friends and family. But, they had actually purchased 8 or 9 quarts of paint. That leads me to believe they did it on purpose!
New and improved bathroom paint lightened things up a bit. There are no windows in this room, so with the dark colors that were in there before it was a very cave-like room. All it needed was Jen's evil clown to complete the decor. Now, it just needs a new light fixture and a few more fancy frogs!



5 comments:
The paint is fantastic...we went over to our neighbors house the other day and she had done a similiar style. I'm not sure how you did that, but I am glad that we didn't know the technique before we started painting or we may still be going.
You sure downplayed the house didn't you? Every picture I have seen makes it look 100 times better than you and Rick were describing.
I am off to play golf in the rain...thanks for the pictures and for setting such a high "posting" standard for your daughters!!
Maybe the former owners were actually circus performers??? That may explain the big top theme in the bathroom. An evil clown would have been a great accent piece.
I agree with Nate, the finish you did on the bathroom is really cool and I am going to pretend I didn't see it because I might NEED a room like that!
Just noticing the post times on our comments...are we three hours different from you? My post above says 8:30 and it is 11:30 here, I thought we were only 2 hours different.
First of all, thanks for bringing up the evil clown, Mom. Are you trying to give me nightmares?
Second of all, for Angie, Arizona doesn't do daylight savings time, so they are currently on Pacific time. When we go back to Standard time they will be the same as Utah.
The time thing is a big confusing pain. Particularly since at work my students are in the Eastern Time Zone.
Just about the time you get them used to it being a 3 hour differance, daylight savings time ends, and it goes back to 2 hours.
All I did in the bathroom was use a sponge to go over the dark color with a lighter one. I had always wanted to try doing it. I think it looks a little different than most, because our walls are also very textured. Blow up the picture that has the froggy thing on the back of the toilet and you can probably see the little mushrooms where I got the color choice from.
Thank you all for being so complimentary. I think it is the outside of the house that really bothers me. I can't seem to get past the fact that it looks like a mobile home when you drive up. I need to just get over it!
Jen, do you still have the clown stashed somewhere? Maybe I could mail it to those people. I think they moved to Payson, and on the off chance that they repeated the bathroom they might enjoy it!
Post a Comment