Saturday, July 12, 2008

The River Bed


OK, here is the river bed that we made in the yard. It is hard to tell from the picture that it is acutally deeper than it appears. When we had the yard graded we were not able to take this corner any lower because we wanted to keep the tree. I built a retainer wall out of block and then dug out a river bed in front of it. We found a guy on craigslist who was getting rid of his rock and spent one whole day getting trucks full and filling it in. We still need a few smaller rocks to fill in the little gaps, but it is mostly done.
We have got shrubs planted along the fence line that we are hoping will cover the neighbors trashy mess eventually. Of the five vehicles in their yard, they use one. The rest are just for decoration, apparently.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm pretty impressed with your blog. Wow, what a rain storm

Anonymous said...

I had no idea the river bed was so big. I don't envy the work involved in that. I can only imagine that it was a never ending day from Hell. But well worth it, it looks awesome.

Denise said...

You layed all the rock on your own? Ah! That must have been exhausting, but it looks great!