Here are a few more pics from our trip to Charlotte. This is Latta Plantation. It is one of the historic attractions in the area.
We stopped here on our way back from visiting the race shops in Moorsville. It was after 5 so the visitor center was closed, and we couldn't tour the inside of the house. We did a little window peeking though. What we could see was really neat. The grounds were beautiful. This is the main house, and back in the trees in the center of the picture you can see the barn.
There is a horse pasture right behind the house, as well as a row of slave cabins.

3 comments:
I am so glad you guys got the time to go look at some cool places. It is unreal to imagine that people had to live in those slave quarters, it really puts life into perspective.
Sheryl...I've got to tell you..you have taken blogging to a whole new level. These daughters of yours need to follow your example.
The pictures are great...and it really was worth waiting for Rick to finally pass over the camera!!!
Well, thank you Nate. I think that everyone is doing a fantastic job. This really is so much better than just sending emails.
It has been so much fun having input and interaction with you, and it is neat to have your perspective.
Stay tuned! I've got more.
Post a Comment