Ok Nate, I am going to labor at posting some pictures of our very modest little house.
Keep in mind that this is a work in progress, and we do not intend to go in to debt to finish it. The front yard right now looks worse than when we bought the house, but I am banking on the end result being a lot more desert friendly and just as pretty.
When we said we tore out the whole front yard, we meant the WHOLE front yard!
We are planning to add a porch roof and are debating whether or not to put a railing on or just leave the whole thing open.
We are definitely going to change out the windows. The one on the left is the living room. It is too low, too close to the door, and too big for the space. It needs to be replaced with 2 smaller ones that are centered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
That just might be the project of all projects. You guys are brave.
Redoing the pavers made such a difference.
How did you get your pictures on that side of the blog?
Thank you so much for the pictures. I went to google maps and they actually have the street view of your house. If I'm looking at the right house, it shows your camp trailer parked in the back yard and garage that you built. It doesn’t show either of you outside, but it does show your car. Check it out.
The street view and your pictures make the yard look huge!! Do you still have the large cactus in the corner? I really like the pattern you made with the pavers. You guys are very ambitious. Keep going with the pictures...I want to see how you are putting the river rock in!! Thanks again.
It is looking really good mom. It's been way too long since I was out there. And incidentally I am bitter that you post comments on Ang's new blog and not mine. Yes I am a jealous little bitch.
The pictures just went there. I don't know how to do it differently and was going to ask how you got yours to do that. Maybe it depends on the format you choose.
Yes Nate, you are looking at the right ghetto house. I will have to check that out.
We do still have the big cactus. I love that thing. It is so Arizona! I will get a pic of the river rocks posted and some more before and after shots.
DENISE! I'm pretty sure I have made comments on your blog! It is awesome. We need pics of this year's shows.
I also did the pics on the side like that at first. When you are publishing your post you add teh pics from the menu bar, then you can choose where they go. What I would like to know is how this yard reconstruction is affecting the gofer?
OK, I will try doing the pics that way this time.
The gopher actually appeared after we had torn out the yard..he dug around in the front a little bit, but now he has moved to the back yard to dig things up. I HATE HIM!
What would happen if we got your gopher together with our bunnies...mass histeria for sure.
You don't even want to imagine how fast bunnies and gophers would breed! Then the seagulls will have no effect, nor will any of your poisons, flooding, or neighbor cats!
Post a Comment