Monday, September 15, 2008

AVA'S BIRTHDAY FUN!

Here is the birthday girl in all her glory! I have to say that she picked out one of the most delicious cakes that I have ever eaten! Cherry and chocolate, two of grandma's favorite flavors to mix. HHhhhmmmm, maybe that girl is related to me.



The good news is I took 89 pictures of the birthday weekend. The bad news is, that while we were playing, and I mean having a blast at the Classic Fun Center, somehow the setting on my camera had gotten changed. Every one of the pictures taken there came out ridiculously blurry. I post this next one as proof that we were there, and that my camera should be thrown out.


I am totally sick that the day got recorded like this, and hope that Steph, Jen and Grandma Joann got some good pics.




We did have a great time. Grandma and Jen could hardly move that night. We crawled, jumped, rolled, slid, and sweated like we haven't in a long time. It was great fun!



After the invited guests left, we took ourselves over to the game room to use up the tokens.



While the girls rode scooters and used about 25 tokens going non stop on the merry-go-round,

Most of the grown ups played it safe rolling Skee Ball.........


While grandma did a little saddle bronc riding. Did I make 8 seconds? More like 8 MINUTES!



While we were all out having a good time Tic stayed home to guard the house.

She is a majestic animal, and also a little wide in the rear!


While Jen and I were at Target we ran in this gal who we think may be Tic's identical twin separated at birth!




See the resemblance? Also, if you blow up the picture you may be able to see booty crack behind the shirt!
Sunday brought more birthday fun. A BBQ at Jen's. We seriously missed the Barnes family. It felt a little naked without you.

There was more present opening......................



then the girls had a good time playing with the new fishing game,





And then the girls had a good time playing with the new fishing game.




JoLyn being ever vigilant on her Weight Watchers diet brought a salad......




........and then somehow went berserk when Steph brought out the cake!



It was a fun weekend. The weather was lovely, the company was great, and a good time was had by all.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY AVA!!



6 comments:

Denise said...

That picture of JoLyn and the cake does not give the situation any justice. It was ten times worse than the picture looks and freaking hilarious!!!

Jen said...

First of all, I don't appreciate you making derogatory comments about that majestic animal on my couch. How dare you compare her to a woman whose pants were riding below her butt, and whose crack (and I mean a good 4 or 5 inches of it) was clearly visible through her t-shirt? If this is the kind of treatment that we receive when we have visitors, maybe we won't have people over to our home anymore.

Second of all, I didn't take a single photograph at Ava's birthday party because you had your camera and I didn't see the point of doubling up on pictures.

Grandmajoann said...

Great coverage of the Birthday Party on Saturday. I have a great picture of Jen sliding down the slide. I took three pictures of the 3 girls and Brian and then it said, Out of battery! That was the end for me. Sorry. It was fun and Ava was darling opening her presents. A good time was had by all. I should have come out on Sunday!

Sheryl said...

You people are as useless as my camera. LOL

Maybe Steph got some shots. Of course we may never know about it. Stephanie! Get on it!

Jen, I SAID your animal is majestic. I cannot help it that she is also wide, and I cannot help it that her twin gets out more than she does.

Anonymous said...

Now I am seriously missing home, I mean family!

Looks like tons of fun had by all. I can't believe how long Ava's hair is getting. Steph get up some pics on the blog!!!!

AND I MISSED CAKE! My life sucks.

Nate said...

I really do miss the family birthday parties. It looks like you guys had a great time and Ava is certainly growing up fast.

I sure hope that girl did not see you taking a picture of her backside. That was a pretty bold move and I will take your word on the "crack" because that is one picture, I am not blowing up!!!