Well, a little update about my fantastic job situation.
This morning first thing I decided to draft an email to the Finance Manager who is responsible for hiring for the position I wanted. I first very politely thanked her for the opportunity to interview, expressed my disappointment at not being selected, and then very nicely asked her for some feed back.
I told her that it seemed that perhaps my manager was interfering in the process, and I related what I had been told by my friend. Of course, I never did hear back from the woman. No indeed. Somewhere around 1:00 my manager asked for a minute of my time. He asked me if I knew so and so (the finance manager). I told him that no, I did not know her but knew of her. He said, "Did she interview you?" No, she did not. Again, I do not know her.
Well, it seems that right out of the blue she called Nate's manager and explained to her that my interview went really well right up to the point where they asked what I disliked most about my current position. Apparently it is not OK to dislike that fact that people make statements or promises that they do not follow through with. Take note of this, because in the future it may keep you from getting a job.
He sat right in front of me and looked me in the eye and told me that it seems that the Finance Mgr had tried to call him to ask about me, but he had not been at his desk so she had had to pass me by. Can I just say...what a crock of crap! All I could do was look at him and blink and choke on my own spit. I wanted to ask him how the hell he can look me in the eye and lie like that, but what I realized is that he will get away with this. He knows that I know what he did and said, I think his manager knows, and they have found a way to sweep it under the rug.
I realize it will do me no good to take it to HR, because all they will do is contact his manager and have her deal with him. So this is where we are. He is a scum bag, and I have to deal with it. One day I will confront him with it. Just not today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
It sounds like with the problems the company has had in the past with these type of situations; he is covering his ass so if a lawsuit is filed he can claim ignorance.
I can't imagine working for a person that is conspiring against you all the time, oh wait, yes I can! It sucks, but if you keep looking for another job; at some point you'll find one and be rid of this man!!!
I hate that you have to deal with this crap! Can't you just work for a smaller company where you know they can't get away with that?
Oh, if only I could get hired by another company. I used to get hired for everything I applied for, now for some reason I rarely even get an interview.
It will be OK. He is the one who has to look at himself in the mirror.
Post a Comment