So, had to just post this little gem I heard at work today.
I had another interview for a position with Student Appeals today. I thought it went OK.
Afterward, I went to lunch with 3 coworkers, Michelle, Alan, and Laura. Michelle interviewed a week before I did for the Finance Counselor position. She is currently in the background check phase and looks like a shoo in. I am very happy for her, as she has worked for financial institutions in the past and really wanted the job.
Earlier in the day she had told me that once she is in her new position we all needed to go to lunch because she has had some conversations with our manager that she wanted to relay to us, as the conversations were about us. However, she couldn't hold it in any longer and spilled it today. I think it was because she didn't want me to get my hopes up about getting this position.
It seems that although my manager is very supportive, friendly and encouraging to my face, he has a personal vendetta that is going on behind my back. In a conversation with Michelle that was about her moving to Finance, Michelle mentioned that it would be nice if I could move there as well knowing that I am extremely uncomfortable with my current position. This spineless bastard that is my manager then told her that he would see to it that I never move out of my current position. That the only way I will ever get out of it will be to quit the company, and that when the Finance manager contacted him regarding me, he told her not to "waste her time" with me. I love my job!
More to come as the drama unfolds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Is your manager Dr. Mikey? I'm sorry that is a real pisser! Long live great jobs and great boss's!
Did I mention before that you people all work for assholes? I can't believe that managers can have such disrespect of others. Time to leave that job and when you do, blow up in his face and put him in his place.
I totally agree with Jef. I am just stunned and amazed that both you and Steph have managed to find such great jobs working for such great people. I am absolutely speechless!
Oh, I have a much better plan than blowing up in his face. Like I told my friends yesterday....I'll stay there forever and drag his team down. I'll register just enough people each month that there is nothing he can do. I'll take the paycuts if they come, and if I have to get a part time job to make up the income, fine. His income is directly related to the performance of his team, so if this is the way he wants to play it....GAME ON! Plus, I've got a better plan in my back pocket. Just haven't put it in play yet.
Well I guess at least you know. Now when you get passed over for jobs you know the exact reason. I'm sure if I had to work for this guy I would feel different, but isn't there a way you could go over his head and tell his supervisor what he is doing and have your friend vouch for you.
I don't think this loser is worth staying in a job you hate. I had several managers like this when I worked at Smith's and although I wanted to inflict damage on them, I quit without doing or saying anything and I haven't looked back since. In the end my happiness was worth more to me than their unhappiness. There are many different ways to handle it, so keep us informed as to which one you choose.
Oi! I am uncomfortable just hearing about it. I have zero advice to give because situations like this terrify me, I usually avoid conflicts like this at all costs. (Middle child syndrome, I suppose). I think blowing up at someone may make you feel good for a moment but maybe not in the long run, I don't know! I am the girl that is scared to talk to neighbors so I am at the other extreme, what do I know.
What I am starting to wonder is if he has sabotaged outside jobs I have applied for. Of course when you fill out the applications they want the name of your current supervisor. From now on I will give my team lead's name and number. Believe me, I would like nothing more than to move on, but I can't seem to find anything else. I have been on several interviews that seemed to go very well, and then....nothing.
As for going to his supervisor, they are buddies. This whole online division works under a good ole boy system and there is a history of doing things like this. They have actually had to pay out lawsuits in the past, and are currently involved in one that 2 California employees brought against them.
Oh the good ole boy system! That is what started me on my quest of persuing medicine....reform the way in which we are treated as professionals and patients! It may take nothing less than a miracle. I can't tell you how many times I have been in those situations when I would like to do nothing less than go completely ape shit, and instead choke down the disgust I feel and let the anger propel me forward!
I know why I am sick to my stomach everyday - I hate the current system of the way in which we educate ie who has a bigger penis (I mean ego)and can kiss up and BS the best - I just want to be left alone to learn and understand and go quietly about my business.
The sad thing is, is this guy and his dumb ass boss don't get it and they will never get it. People that do not value anything other than their own self interests are nothing more than a waste of space.
Oh, so you've met my boss!
Trust me the sweetest revenge is to be the outstanding employee. Blow them away by your performance and kill them with kindness. It takes WAY too much energy to hold grudges and what not. Take as much of the negetive energy away as possible and just be happy. That's my advice. I know right now it seems like it would be nicer to walk up to him and spit in his face. But Karma is a bitch and what goes around absolutely comes around so just be wonderful!!
Oh my, that makes me sick. To think your own boss could have kept you from all the jobs you have interviewed for. What a jerk! I would be so disappointed in him. I know that there was back biting in the National Guard, but supervisors usually gave good referrals for you. Keep us posted. I love you and I know you are a good worker, we all know you are a good worker!
Post a Comment