
I thought you would all enjoy a 'before' picture of the little jack rabbit that has been visiting our yard for the past couple of weeks. He is a new visitor, as the previous rabbits were domesticated. Notice the big giant ears.
CAUTION: There is an "after" picture of the bunny that some viewers may find disturbing.
So, this morning when Rick leaves for work both dogs are laying on the couch. They have already had a tough morning, getting up, eating, stretching, sniffing and scratching things, so they are resting. As he starts to back out of the driveway he notices boy dog race across the back yard with something in his mouth.
For whatever reason he decides to investigate. So he calls and calls for the boy dog with no response. The boy dog is not in the yard, so Rick goes in. Now he is looking around the house calling boy dog, and still can't find him. I am not sure what alerted him to look behind the couch, but there was our Bad Ass boy dog behind the couch standing over his 'kill'.
In the blink of an eye he came out of the house, saw the jack rabbit, caught it, killed it, and dragged it through the doggie door in to the house.
I get a phone call from Rick at about 6:03. He says "I'm not sure what to do with the dead rabbit behind the couch".
I suggested using a shovel to scoop it up. He said he thought he would just wrap it in a towel to pick it up.
A few minutes later, I got another call from Rick. He says, "I'm not sure how to get up the little pieces of rabbit and the blood."
I suggested the vacuum for the little pieces and told him I would deal with the blood when I got home.
I suggested the vacuum for the little pieces and told him I would deal with the blood when I got home.
Thankfully, there was not a lot of blood.
What I would like to have done is to clear out our valuables and burned the place down!


11 comments:
I have always liked the idea of a dog door for the animals to take care of their business but I am thinking I will NEVER want one now!! I would not be dealing well with that... I am so disturbed right now. I can't believe your little wiener dog managed to drag that thing in! You and Steph are going to need a tally for dead and mangled animals that are dragged in... boy dog definitely gets bonus points for an ENTIRE bunny!
Wow...is all I can say. That is one bad ass dog.
That is sooo gross! Hopefully you wont have any strange animals in your yard anymore.
I am so sorry for you. You just never know what dogs will do....I can't believe he brought it in the house. You would think he would hide it outside somewhere...Darn! Hope nothing else shows up. Now you have something to look forward to getting home for. (What will be in the house today?)LOL
Bring on the gopher!
He got a bird last night, but we were outside with him so we were able to make him leave it outside.
I shudder to think what will be there today.
Once again I just have to laugh. Your little dogs and Steph's little dog drag in dead animals, and my big ol' hunting dog drags in apples.
Hopefully he will get the gopher soon, and hopefully he doesn't bring it inside. It does appear that you will not have to worry about stray or wild animals invading your yard.
Well there goes you petting zoo! Jen maybe proud of her "coon hound", but it looks like the little dogs are kicking butt and taking names!
Still gross! And I would probably ban Rat butt mouth from going outside for a day!
RUN GOPHER RUN!
Wow I am impressed that tiny dog could do that! I think you found the cure for your animal problems!
Mother...would you please start using your dogs names LOL and not boy and girl dog.
I can't believe that! The bunny is the same damn size as him!
And you are screwed... steph put a call into the gopher to go into hiding.
As a total animal lover, I do find that quite sad and disturbing. But Emily is the same way. She has brought in lizards, birds, etc.. She almost got in an attack with a possum that we found had been living under out deck.
Post a Comment