Whew! What a busy weekend! Do you have any idea how much work it is to secure a 1/4 acre yard so that a little mini-wiener can't find an escape hatch?First there was the big gap under the fence on the driveway that had to be addressed. A couple of bags of asphalt from the Home Depot and a lot of elbow grease put a nice speed bump in the driveway. Now nobody can get out, and if we are lucky it will also reduce the amount of runoff water that comes in.
While Rick did the driveway, I worked on blocking off part of the carport. We still need to address the opening at the end of the carport, because ultimately we would like to confine him to the backyard.
Next, there was a doggie door to install. This was a fairly simple thing. The instructions were good and it came with templates for drilling the screw holes. However, in 100 degree heat with about 55% humidity it was not too comfortable. Not to mention it had to be right on the floor, and the opening is pretty small.But, it was done in about an hour. No harm, no foul. By then it was way too hot to be working outside any more.

Here is the little monster getting acquainted with some new toys .
And here are the 2 of them checking out the kitchen.WHAT THE?? DOH! Did someone say TWO OF THEM?
Why yes, yes they did. It appears that Whiskey River's Jack Daniel's has a sister!
She is a little Dapple/Brindle girl. A bit smaller than brother, and not quite as crazy. He is a very happy boy, and bounds around like a jack rabbit. She was just spayed on Sat. so is a little sore. It will be a few days before we see her real personality, but so far she is very mellow and a little bit timid.
She was surrendered by her owner on Friday because they say they are moving and can't take her with. They had a male and a female, and thought she might be pregnant which made the crazy rescue lady think that maybe they just didn't want to deal with a third litter of puppies in 18 months, so they were getting rid of her. As it turns out, she was not pregnant and now can't be.


7 comments:
You are such a brat! I just talked to you and you said that you were going to "wait and see" about getting a female. She is very cute, thought. I do love a brindle animal. Good luck with your dog ownership and get them up here soon for a meet-and-greet!
I am smiling ear to ear!!! I can't believe you got two of them! They are adorable, I am still in shock that my mother has TWO, count 'em TWO, dogs! You people are so devious, what a fun surprise for us, ENJOY playing with your wieners!
HA HA, got 'cha!
TWO! I guess if your going to do it you might as well jump in.
I am in TOTAL disbelief. I guess when you guys decide to do something, you go all the way. Now if the girls ever come out to Phoenix to watch the Weiner dog races again, they don't have to go any farther than your backyard.
I can't wait for Liv to find out that you guys got two. She has been at Wally World with a friend all day, but when she gets home; she is going to FREAK.
Well, all I have to say is, I'm glad its you and not me.
You guys really pulled a fast one LOL! I absolutely love them and can not wait to meet them. I am so glad you guys have your own children now. The are adorable!! Give them big hugs for me.
Post a Comment