Rick has been on a mission recently to get some bones for the dogs. It has been surprisingly difficut. You would think that most grocery store butchers would have them laying around.The first store he tried was Fry's Market, which is the same as Smith's in Utah. The butcher there told him that they sell all thier bones to a dog food manufacture. He popped in to Albertsons a couple of times before finding anything. The butcher said that they do sell bones and showed him what he had at the time. Unfortunately for our little dogs all they had was bones as big as they are.
Ginger is particularly hilarious with it. She carries it around looking for a place to stash it, but it is so big she isn't satisfied with any place she finds. Just to put her out of her misery I put an old towel on my lap and she finally felt secure enough
to sit and chew it. This is funny because I suspect Whiskey

would be the only threat, and he was so busy with his own
bone right from the get go, that he didn't even realize she
had one.
They will chew on them for hours and we finally have to put
them away just so that the poor little mammels can rest.
In other news, I have lost 7 lbs and Rick is down 10 on our
HCG diet. The first 3-4 days were pretty miserable, but it
has evened out now and is actually quite easy to manage.
I think the thing that makes it so easy to do is the fact that the
scale moves downward every day.


3 comments:
Isn't it nice to have something for the dogs to do! I am envious of all of you loosing weight. I am almost tempted to do it also. You will all look so good in your swim suits!
You can get bones at PetsMart too. They are dried with a little gristel still on them and Shady is quited fond of them.
Ginger looks crazy, she totally reminds me of Baby!
While all of you are losing... I have packed back on 3 of the 8 that I lost, I can't be trusted with food!
Post a Comment