Tuesday, February 23, 2010

HCG DIET TOO

Rick and I started on the HCG diet yesterday. I was down 2 lbs this morning and Rick was down 1.
Denise and Brian donated the drops that they decided not to use so that us fat people could slim down in time for the wedding. =)

Yesterday was a hungry, headache day but today has not been too bad. I went on the product website and found the exact instructions and some recipes today while all of our systems at work were down, so now I am really feeling empowered and ready to be skinny again.

It does seem kind of humorous that there are recipes for under 500 calories a day, but they do sound pretty good even though they are mostly cabbage, onions and a sliver of meat!








We have still been slowly working on the house. We have had rain on the weekends recently so it has been kind of slow. We did get the old kitchen window out and replaced with the one we took out of the living room. It is much more quiet in the front of the house now that we have decent windows all around.

Rick got all the windows all trimmed out and
we have puchased materials for the porch roof and have the header up, but the scattered showers that were predicted for last weekend turned out to be pretty steady so we didn't get anything done. Next weekend we will be helping Rick's mom move so it will be a couple of weeks before we see any more progress.





We have taken the dogs to the dog park a couple of times. Whiskey loves it. I think it makes him feel like a big boy. I was extremely nervous about letting him loose with a bunch of other dogs because he is such a mess with dogs that approach our fence or him while he is on the leash. I was shocked that he is not at all barky or nasty at the park. Quite a relief. Ginger, on the other hand, is a scaredy cat. We take her in the timid dog run and she pretty much stays glued to us. If another dog approaches she is pretty skittish. Also pretty shocking. At the kennel they told us she was the leader between the two.








They continue to amuse and restrict us.

6 comments:

Grandmajoann said...

You are very brave to even try the 500 calorie diet! But when you have lost all your weight and I am still a heavy weight I will be very envious. Your house is looking good. Isn't it fun to change things in a house and see how it looks. But, what a lot of work it has been....Love it.

Nate said...

I am really jealous that you guys are going to lose a bunch of weight and I am still going to be fat. We will see if I am jealous enough to do something about it.

Thanks for the update on your life, the dogs and the house. We miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

I wish I were brave enough to take Bella to the dog park. A friend of mine at school takes his and says his dogs love it, but I am nervous that I wouldn't be able to control Bella. She acts the same as Whisky does while in the yard or fence... maybe I would be pleasantly surprised.

Good luck with the diet, I am completely unmotivated to lose the last 4 pounds I wanted to and even if I did I don't think I could maintain it! At this point I fit into all my old clothes so that is good enough for me!

Jen said...

I am jealous that you and the Barneses have the option of taking your dogs to the dog park. We have NOTHING!

Your house is looking good, and the three of us will be looking good for our vacation!

Sheryl said...

Ang, you could always take her in on the leash initially and test it out. I really expected Whiskey to lunge and bite, but he just trotted in, sniffed around and runs back and forth. He really doesn't even engage much, but he likes being there.

Nate, you have never BEEN fat, what are you talking about?

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking of taking her in on the leash, I bet with all this snow there aren't to many people that use it right now anyways. I think it is knowing that I may in fact look like a total train wreck if she does bark, lunge, bite, etc!!

She has been much better the past month on our walks, she rarely barks and even if she does she is wagging her tail... usually. We also had a good encounter this morning with a dog off leash that came right up to us. She was real tense and whine/barked a little until the owner caught up and we parted ways. I need to just do it!