Friday, November 20, 2009

Fun With Grandpa

I talked to grandpa yesterday and thought you would all enjoy his latest adventures.

The conversation started with Joyce telling me that things have been going pretty good. No major health issues right now. He does need to have his pacemaker adjusted a little, but they have an appointment for that. They sold the house in Plain City, and have purchased one in Kaysville that Jeremy and his family will probably occupy for a while.

Once dad was on the phone, he got right in to telling me that he has been subpoenaed for a killing of a young girl in Cache Valley. I asked if he was supposedly a witness or if they suspected him of doing the killing. He said it is a little bit of both! I'm not sure how that is possible, but apparently it is. ;-}

I said I found it really hard to believe because I don't think he has been to Cache Valley in years, but that went right past him. Supposedly a rock was thrown at the girl hitting her head right in the temple and killing her. Luckily, there is a new law on the books that basically exonerates people over 70-years-old as they are not expected to live much longer! Who knew?

I then learned that back when he was in the National Guard he and a couple of his buddies liked to put pebbles in their pockets and throw them straight up in to the air, letting them fall on the rest of the men. I would imagine that somehow gets mixed all together in his mind.

He is disturbed because even though he will not go to prison for the killing, they still have surveillance on him. It is especially heavy on Wednesday??? and they have even put a camera in his bedroom. He knows when they are watching because the red light comes on. I would be curious to know what electronic appliance is in the room.

They have also moved again. I wasn't quite clear as to whether they have moved in to or out of a trailer, but there is a trailer involved. Again, perhaps confused about the selling of the Plain City house?

He asked me how my job was going, and I told him that I like this position much better. He wanted me to remind him what it is I do now, so I told him that I clear applications for people who want to go to college. That reminded him that a couple of weeks ago he was offered a similar position at Thiokol, but he turned it down. It seems he is not wanting to go back to work, but his checking account could really use a boost so it was a difficult decision.

He says he is doing good, but can tell that he is getting weaker. He says he needs help getting out of his chair. I suggested that he needs one of those lifts that helps a person to stand. He says he already has the best lift there is. He says Joyce is the strongest person he knows, and I would have to agree. But probably not for the same reason.

If any of you have some time and the inclination I know he would love to talk to you. He wears out pretty fast, but he has stories to tell and it is fun to hear them. He loves us all so much, and I know he misses everyone.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I hope he is not suffering too much, it sounds exhausting to live a life of running from the law and such!

Sheryl said...

That is does. I'm thinking maybe they should just turn the college football games back on.

DHS Child Care Center said...

Hmmm, I wonder why the surveillance is especially heavy on Wednesday. I think I would be extra careful not to step out of line on Wednesdays.

At least he can't complain that his life is boring. It sounds like he always has something going on.

Anonymous said...

Just had a thought... my school has got him under surviellance!! These rat trashy, mob affiliated, midget Italian's are everywhere and now they are screwing with my family!!!

Sheryl said...

Ang, I think they are getting to you. Perhaps you and grandpa have more in common that I would have suspected. I too wondered why Wednesday is so important. He didn't seem to have an answer for that one.

~Cynthia~ said...

Boy, he does live an exciting life. Much more so than mine for sure. I have to work a half day on Thursday and get part of the house cleaned up for Cayla's birthday party, and then I thought I would go visiting and drop in at Julie's and Dad's. I was just going to stay home and clean but it has been way too long since I've been to Dad's. The last time I planned a visit, I was having my double vision problem and decided that was too far to drive with one eye closed.