So just a few things, nothing REALLY exciting.
The best thing that has happened lately is that it has finally cooled off. It is nice to be able to go outside and spend several hours without having to come in to hydrate and reduce the body temperature. The past two mornings have actually been COLD. Down in the low 40's. This has led to some extremely cute snuggling in the morning.
No, not Rick and I. It's these two clowns.

But, along with that nice cool down in temperature, we have noticed lately that there seem to be mice around the outside of the house, and I have been putting poison bait out and about. A few times we have thought we heard a mouse, or mice in the bedroom wall. It is hard to tell if they are in the wall or just outside running along the perimeter.

But, along with that nice cool down in temperature, we have noticed lately that there seem to be mice around the outside of the house, and I have been putting poison bait out and about. A few times we have thought we heard a mouse, or mice in the bedroom wall. It is hard to tell if they are in the wall or just outside running along the perimeter.
Rick called some exterminators to get estimates on mouse 'removal'. What we discovered is that they just set traps and don't really guarantee anything. They said they would also point out where it looks like mice could be getting in. Since I had already identified those places myself, I took a can of foam insulation to those areas and sealed them off. In doing so it seems as if there has been an industrial accident involving said foam and a fairly large lock of my hair. Don't EVEN ask how that happened. It is in there. It don't come out and would leave the hair WAY too short if I cut it. My bad.
Upon returning from Erie on Monday, we made the horrifying discovery that there was a mouse actually living in our headboard.
Rick had heard it while I was gone and THOUGHT it might be there, but did not attempt to confirm. I myself will NOT
sleep in the same bed with a mouse, so when I heard the rustling in the middle of the night, turned on the light and found mouse poop on the headboard, I headed for the couch.
Upon returning from work Tues. the first order of business was to set a newly acquired trap. Our bed sits on a pedestal with drawers on both sides, and down the center of the bed there is an empty space for storage. It also opens to the bookcase headboard. I set my trap at the foot of the bed in the storage space, and Rick stopped on his way home from work and got that sticky paper stuff. We basically surrounded the bed with the sticky traps and Rick went to bed. Again, I headed for the couch. The first order of business in the morning was to check the space, and to our delight we found a fat dead mouse in the trap. Needless to say, I am very happy to be back in my comfy bed.
We survived another work week and are happy to have the weekend to do anything we want, or nothing at all. Of course the kids are ALL excited for trick or treat tomorrow, and have been trying on their costumes.
We survived another work week and are happy to have the weekend to do anything we want, or nothing at all. Of course the kids are ALL excited for trick or treat tomorrow, and have been trying on their costumes.
Whiskey has decided to be Frankenstein, and Ginger wanted to
TRICK OR TREAT!




7 comments:
A: I'm laughing my butt off about you getting insulating foam in your hair. I want a picture!
B: The thought of having a mouse in my bed is horrifying. I'm glad it only took one day to kill it.
C: You know I don't approve of canine costumes.
A. You are NOT funny.
B. It seriously made me want to vomit.
C. You have to admit they are the cutest things ever!
D: Your post isn't showing up as new on my posting list. My last 2 haven't shown up as new either. I don't know what is wrong with blogger.
Blogger apparently has some issues!
I agree with Jen, we really need a picture of the foam in your hair. If Jen can take a picture bleeding, surely we can see some foam.
So Glad you got the mouse, i would not have slept in that bed either.
This barely showed up on my blog today... I am late to comment!
I am so glad that the mouse has been captured, I thought about it Monday and meant to text and ask.
I love the cute morning cuddling, two little snausage breakfast burritos!
Oh my gosh! Foam in the hair? I would think it would wash out. What are you going to do? Wear a wig....
How utterly ugly. A mouse in your bed! I hope there was only one.
I actually dressed up this year. I went to Cynthia's costume closet and chose to be Raggedy Ann. I painted my face and for the first time in all my life I went to bowling and to work like that. It was a fun day. I hope the kids had a fun time also...
Post a Comment