Well, it seems as if my thyroid fun is over for now.
Let's see, I believe I mentioned in a previous post that when I finally got in to the endocrinologist my regular doctor had failed to send over all of my previous test results. The only thing that they had sent over was the biopsy.
I don't remember if I told ya'll that I had called her office 4 days before my appointment at the endo to make sure everything had been sent. Well, I did. Of course no one answered the phone and so I left a message with my name, phone number and a detailed message asking if they had indeed sent all results over.
As we know, they did not. Now here is something funny. 3 weeks later I got a call from the Dr herself saying that she had just gotten my message. I was, to say the least, dumb founded. How in the world does it take 3 weeks for her office personnel to get her the phone messages. So, as gently as I could bring myself to, I explained why I had called and let her know that they had actually failed miserably. By that time, the endo's office had called and gotten the previous ultrasound and blood work results so that he could look them over.
I actually figured I would never hear from them again, but to my surprise they called last Wednesday. As it turns out, it has been 6 months since the first ultrasound, so he wanted me to have another for comparison purposes, and also to have a blood test for hormone levels.
The office girl said she would fax me the order for blood work and asked if I wanted to come in Wed or Thur for the ultrasound, as they do them in office. I said that Wed. would work for me, and she said that if I could get the blood test done by Monday at the latest they would have the results back in time. I stopped on my way home from work the very next day and had the blood test.
I got off work a little early yesterday and showed up at their office at 2:20, signed in, and a confused receptionist asked me why I was there. I told her that I was to have an ultrasound and she said, "but we don't do ultrasounds on Wed". I said then why did the girl who called me give me my choice of Wed or Thur? She said she didn't know, but would go and find out. Well, as it turns out they DO now do them on Wed, but my appointment was for Wed Oct 7th. Oct 7th was NEVER mentioned in the conversation I had with the girl on the phone. Wednesday was mentioned, so I assumed it was the very next Wed, and that is why we needed to get the blood work done so quickly.
Of course she apologized for the misunderstanding and was going to send me packing, when I put on my "I'm not going away" face and told her I had taken time off work She said "let me see what I can do". So, they worked me in.
I really do like Dr. Brard. He is a very laid back, personable man. He came in and felt up my neck again, and again said that he sure couldn't feel anything, but let's do the ultrasound and see what we can find.
On the right side, he did find a 1mm nodule. This is so small that he actually laughed when he saw it. He said, "there must be something bigger on the left. Was it the left side that they biopsied?" I honestly cannot remember what side of my neck they shoved the needle in to. So, on the left he does find a 6mm nodule, but 1/2 of it is fluid, so really it is only 3mm. Again, nothing that he thinks is significant. He then opens my chart and looks at the biopsy results and laughed out loud. It was the 1mm nodule on the right that was biopsied. He couldn't believe they could even hit it with the needle.
Bottom line. My blood work was 100% fine. I am not hormonal. I am just mean and crazy. My thyroid is nothing. We are doing nothing but having an ultrasound in a year to see if anything has changed.
Fun stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Dear Lord... I hope you have found a new doctor and are not ever going back to that idiot again!
Well, mean and crazy it is... damn it I always want to be able to blame things on something out of our control... I like to blame all of my bad behaviors on medical school but I am aware that I am just a bitch at heart!
This is the kind of thing that makes people go postal, especially if they are already mean and crazy!
Isn't it a fact! We have to be our own doctors. You have to be ahead of the game at all times. I am so sorry that you had to go thru all that, but at least you know it is just you! And, it may last a few more years until you are as old as I and don't care anymore if you are mean and crazy!!!!! Love ya.
Post a Comment