Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Rick's New Job




I just thought we should give a short report on Rick's new job.
Well, actually it is a short report on Rick's commute to his new
job. LOL
As has been discussed previously, he can be an angry beaver and I have been skeptical about carpooling.
I received a call from Rick yesterday about the time he should have been at work. APPARENTLY, there had been a minor fender bender.
It seems as if a blankety, blank, blank, bee-auch cut 'someone' off in traffic and had to be taught a lesson. Mr. Angry likes to snuggle right over next to the offender and 'teach them a lesson.'
Well, the lesson learned here is that if the 'offender' doesn't get intimidated and move over, you might leave a big 'ole racing donut on her car. Guess who is at fault?
I wonder if ANYONE learned a lesson from the experience?
Once he got to work, (a couple of hours late) he did enjoy the work.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

RICHARD!!!! I guess you are going to have to take anger management classes... ha, ha.

I am glad to here that work was fine once you got there.
I am reminded of Groundhog Day when Bill Murray nabs the groundhog and is about to drive off the cliff, and he tells the groundhog to never drive angry!

Nate said...

This is the EXACT reason I do not and will not EVER watch NASCAR. Yes, I am blaming Rick's car accident on NASCAR. Just because Dale Jr. gets bumped on Sunday, does not mean it is okay for Rick Jr. to retaliate on Monday morning. It is hard for some people to separate the race on Sunday from the commute on Monday.

The good news is that in Erie there is never any traffic. The bad news is that when there is no traffic, it means there is NO where of importance to go.

I hope the second day is going better than the first.

Jen said...

I take this as a sign that there should not be any carpooling unless you want to risk your life! Need I remind you that you live in a time and place when some people carry firearms in their automobiles and are crazy enough to shoot angry beavers who are driving agressively?

Sheryl said...

All very good points, Jen. EXACTLY my feeling.

Denise said...

RICHAAARD!!! That is all I have to say.

Matt-n-Jef said...

Well I am an angry drive as well trying to teach lessons on the road.. If someone is riding me, I have the tendency to slow down, get behind them and ride theirs, or I will touch my brakes so as they will run into me and pay for it. People are so into themselves these days, not thinking of each other. It so angers me that everyone is in such a damn hurry. Get over yourselves. Your going to get where you are going maybe one minute earlier? Dumb Asses I say!!!

I get so angry sometimes that I stance my fingers as they drive by as, if I am shooting a gun.. My bad.. I will get the actual gun shot one of these days. Like I care.

By the way. I don't get this NASCAR thing.. how do you people watch cars go around a track for hours on end? I just don't understand...

Sheryl said...

Denise, well said! You and Ang.

Jef, knock it off. People who are that unaware aren't worth the energy you are expending on them, plus, they don't get it now and they will never get it.

As for NASCAR, I can't explain it. You watch it, you learn about and you like. Or, you don't.