Just wanted to say that Nate's help, our internet connection is back. I sit here at work for 8 1/2 hours a day, a lot of it spent doing nothing but surfing websites, and yet not having internet at home can drive you crazy! It is incredible how much we use it, rely on it, and take it for granted.
Thanks Nate!
I missed a great opportunity last night to burn my house down. As you know, this is a dream of mine. I put a small amount of rice on to cook last night and then promptly forgot about it and went outside.
I was sitting in a chair on the front porch doing a sudoku, and I could smell this foul odor that I thought was coming out of the neighbors house. They had their door open and I could hear their music, so for some reason my brain processed the smell coming from there too. It finally got so bad I decided to go it. I walked in the front door and was absolutely shocked that the smell was worse in my house than it had been outside! I looked toward the kitchen and the smoke was so thick I could hardly see in there. I still didn't remember the rice. I started opening windows, and pulled the rice off the stove. You should have seen the smoke billow out the kitchen window!
So, I have all of the bad smell with none of the insurance benefits. (I should have let it burn)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
You are more than welcome. I have 4 computers to work on in our house and it seems as though one of them is always not working correctly. Luckily my girls, especially Ang, are very patient and not at all demanding.
I am sorry that you didn't burn the house down. Hopefully you have taken some pictures of all your possessions so if you’re not so lucky next time; you have everything documented. I am sure burnt rice is a wonderful smell and is very enjoying.
Nathy were you mocking me! I think the last time my computer crashed I was running and screaming around the house like a total idiot!
I wonder how long the rice would have had to burn for your dream to come true... better luck next time!
I could take pictures of stuff, but they would have burned down along with 2 laptops, 3 LCD TV's, a couple of high end digital cameras, etc. :-}
I tried to start my house on fire just the other day, I accidentally spilled oil on the burner and didn't know it. went up in flames. Luckily nothing was around and I remembered how to put out a fire on the stove from home ec. I do feel your pain for the smell though.
Mother! Have you even checked to see if you are covered by a fire department and therefore elligible to receive an insurance pay out? Better luck next time!
Think of the consequences of it burning down.. quite an inconvenience if you ask me.. Everything would be gone and you would have to start all over. All those pictures, furniture, clothes.. everything you worked hard to pay for gone in an instant. I am thankful to have a roof over my head. Better then living in a run down apartment, on the streets and having to find a place to move quickly with nowhere else to go.. It can't be all that bad sis.
I can't tell you how many times I have almost burnt our house down, the latest was the day of Bradley's Baptisim and Cindy's shower. I put a cookie in the microwave to warm it up. I hit the wrong button and thought it would stop in a few secends and I forgot about it. Soon smoke was billowing out of the microwave. Every now and then when you use it you can still smell it.
Oh, you are all making me feel so good. I guess it isn't just old age! I put a potato in a little bag that Imogene, on my bowling team gave us one year, and it started on fire. I had no idea that the material would catch on fire. I don't remember how long I set it for. 2 minutes I think. It was scary.....
Godfrey Mother....that is all we need is your house burning down. LOL I for one know to be careful what I wish for now...it may just come true!
Jef, you obviously have not seen my house or you would realize that all those objections you have are the REASON I would let it burn.
No, I have not checked in to the fire department situation. My insurance only asked where the closest hydrant is and there are two that are about a block away on either side of us. Therefore, I believe I am covered. Full replacement value.
Denise, maybe you could wish my house would burn down! ;-} But wish for it while we are at work.
Jessica, it sounds like you came a bit closer than I did. You actually had flames. I just had a housefull of smoke. But a girl can dream.....
Post a Comment