Can't sleep tonight. We are starting HCG tomorrow, so I picked up a couple of hot fudge shakes at Dairy Queen. As it turns out, I may be lactose intolerant. I am tired and my eyes feel like they are coated with sandpaper, but the tummy just won't allow me to get comfortable. Of course that leads to my brain going 100 mph with no where to stop.
It occured to me that it was the waning moments of Jan 1 2011 and it is the first day of the rest of my life. The years seem to go by faster the older you get, and it is kind of scary. There is still so much I would like to do, places I would like to go.
I want to see Boston. I have been there a couple of times, but never had the time to see the sights. I want to feel the history. I would like to spend more time in DC and go to Colonial Williamsburg. I have never been to Mt Rushmore, and I hear that Arkansas is beautiful. I would like to hike at least part of the Appalachian Trail. I would love to go to Maine and see New England in the fall.
Thanks to Nate and Angie moving, I have experienced Niagra Falls with the added bonus of Wegman's.
I would like to go to every NASCAR track at least once, and each of the US Virgin Islands. Oh, and Key West. And maybe Fiji.
All that, and of course still get rid of all the carpet in my house. Hard floors are colder, but so much easier to keep clean. All I need it time and money! LOL
I need to make some space in my yard for a vegetable garden, and maybe some fruit trees. My little neighbor man has been bringing us oranges, lemons and cilantro that he grows. He is so cute. I think he is 74ish. He walks and rides his bike everyday. The dogs bark at him, but he doesn't mind. He says they are just doing their job, and when we pass him on our walks he always says hello to Whiskey.
I would love to be a stay-at-home grandma and be able to shuttle between grandkids with real quality time to spend with them. I am so grateful and appreciative of my job, but a girl can dream can't she?
It would be nice to be one of those people like Oprah or Glenn Beck who can roll on 4 hours of sleep every night. There are books I want to read and so many things to learn. Those would be valuable hours. Unfortunately, I am more of a 7-8 hour a night gal.
It's hard to live away from family. You miss out on so much, and there is so much you would like to do with and for people. I hope you all know how much I love you. Please forgive me for my many mistakes and shortcomings. I have a lot of personal work to do.
I'm hoping to have the fortitude to do some of that work in the coming year. 2010 was an interesting year. I learned some things about myself and the things that are important to me. I have realized that if I believe the things I say I believe, I need to walk the walk. Talking is just lip service. But that is for another time.
Thanks for listening. I'm going to try that sleep thing again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
It sounds like a fabulous list of worthwhile things to do! There are still so many places out east here that I would love to visit... if only I could get some freaking time off, oh, and some money to do it!!
Wow! What a bucket list! That was fun to read and interesting to know all the things you still want to do. I don't desire to travel anymore, but do want to go through the Nauvoo Temple soon. My New Year's resolution is to memorize the Hymns. I know I can't learn all of them, but I am going to try. I don't try to do too many things anymore, cause I can't remember to do them. It was such a fun Christmas Party. Fun seeing everyone again. There were only 6 members of our family that were not there. We missed them. Maybe next year they could all be here. Love ya
I want to go to all of those places too. And Australia, and New Zealand, and maybe a few more places too.
Oh Wah wah wah. I would just like to go to Hawaii or somewhere out of the United States for God Sakes.. Hardly been anywhere east of Utah, other than Ohio.. so cry me a frickin river... Don't feel sorry for any of you... Yes I am annoyed..
I loved this post mom. Let's just start saving and doing one thing at a time :) Love you!
Post a Comment