Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Totally Random

These recent pictures are totally random and in no particular order.

This first one is the view of my front yard while sitting on my new covered front porch. The Sonoran desert can be quite lovely in the springtime.

Yes the porch is completed except for paint. I am still mulling over paint colors., but we do need to get it primed.







I made a whirlwind weekend tour of the Utah family last week.

Denise was riding at the Davis County Fairgrounds. I got to
watch her take 1st, 2nd and 4th place ribbons all in the same
event.

She rode 3 different horses competing against herself. LOL










Next stop on the tour was Ava's solo dance competition.

I would never have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own
eyes. Our Ava prancing out in to the middle of the gym
all by herself with several hundred people watching, and
dancing her little heart out.

If you have seen Jen's blog, you already know about the picture/video debacle. I am going to see if my video can be restored, or if it is gone forever. Cross your fingers.

I stopped at dad's and danged if I am not a complete idiot. I
should have taken a couple of pics of my cute dad, but didn't.











I did remember to get some pics of Jen and her smokin' new
figure. The one she posted doesn't do her justice.
These really show off her efforts.






And, last but certainly not least, Rick had a hernia repair done yesterday. He is doing quite well. He woke up this morning thinking that he had some mucous to clear out of his throat. After several attempts to do so, with no success, he went to the mirror and discovered that mucous was not his issue. It seems as though the tube that was inserted in his throat had some interesting consequences.
Neither of us has ever seen anything quite like his swollen uvula.







4 comments:

Jen said...

Yeesh! Now Rick is going to have to have his uvula repaired!

Your yard is looking really pretty, by the way.

Anonymous said...

You go in with a hernia and come out with a souvenir! I hope they counted all the sponges correctly when they were done!

I love the view from the porch, how wonderful to have it done... can't wait to see what color you pick.

Nate said...

Thanks for finally keeping us in the loop. I was wondering how your projects were going. I SURE would have liked to see the video of Ava dancing.

We've been jealous of you guys all winter here in the North Pole, but now it's your turn to be jealous. Spring, Summer and Fall in the Northeast CANNOT be beat! You need to come enjoy it with us.

Grandmajoann said...

Your whirlwind visit was marvelous and I enjoyed you immensely. You and Jen sure look good. Your yard is beautiful! We must make a trip down there. Love ya. Ava looked just darling. Wish I had made it. Oh my gosh! Can Rick swallow anything?