
Rick was poking around in his phone last night and came up with all these pictures that we took a couple of weeks ago while we were visiting Utah. I, of course, had forgotten to take my camera with me but his 'Blueberry' takes pretty good pics and he has been hoarding.
We went with Steph, Brian, and the girls to a little carnival that So. Ogden was having. One of those things that the kids love and the
parents put up with. The kids don't ever want to leave, but the prices make you feel like you have been personally violated!
parents put up with. The kids don't ever want to leave, but the prices make you feel like you have been personally violated!The minute we got there, the girls needed to have their faces painted, so we headed in to the little local vendor area to find the face painting booth. I swear, kids are so resilient! There is no way I could have walked around in the heat with all that paint on my face all day, but they never touched it once it was there. They looked adorable!
We wandered our way through the vendors, not really finding anything terribly interesting, and then it was on to the rides.
In retrospect it would have been cheaper to buy them each a wristband for the day, even though we weren't planning to spend the whole day. When we realized that they were charging $3.00 a piece for the big slide, we knew we might be in trouble. That being the cheapest ride on the property.
Hot, sweaty, and ready to be done we grabbed snow cones on our way home and headed for the Thompson resort where Brian grilled up dinner. Steaks for the folks who can eat red meat, (sigh) and several different kinds of fish that were incredibly tasty.
Before Jen, Rick and I went back to Jen's for the night, we

had to go over to the neighbors farm to see all the fun animals.
The girls wanted us to the baby miniature horse whose name is Nasty Face. It is one of the most hideous looking horses I have ever seen. The color of his face is just creepy. Sorry, no pic to post.
There were also goats, llama's, cows, and the cutest little weiner
puppy ever.
The next morning, we were lucky enough to have Denise, Jo and Colton join us all for breakfast, a Sunday morning tradition that the Thompson clan has started.
We still had several hours before our flight, so it was off to Roy Aquatic to enjoy some fun in the sun. Apparently, no pictures were taken there, which is quite unfortunate. But we had a great time, and this was the scene of the previously mentioned Beaver burning,





3 comments:
Those three girls are ridiculously cute. I hate carnivals, they are the biggest scam ever invented... cheap crap, cheap rides and sky high prices. I am very glad the beaver decided to quit hoarding pictures!
Very cute pictures. It sound like you get a lot in while you are home. And I always love hearing about the get togethers....Ang, you are missing breakfast every Sunday!!!!
Cute pics for sure! I got third degree burns at roy aquatic LOL. I was hating it for a few days/week for sure.
Post a Comment