Thursday, May 19, 2011

GARDEN UPDATE

 Because Heaven only knows when Denise might decide to blog anything again, I had to put a pick of little Kenny on the blog.  He is the sweetest little thing ever.  Poor baby has a broken pelvis (and a mean mommy), so he isn't incredibly mobile.  He do enjoy his bottle though, he really do!
 She has also acquired one of the ugliest dogs I have ever seen.  He is in the same category as a Cabbage Patch Kid, so ugly he is cute.  Hi Noozle!
 My veggies are coming along very nicely.  This is my very first little jalapeno.  Not sure what I will do with it, but whatever it is Rick will enjoy it without me.  I never have developed a taste for spicy.
This one is my green pepper.  He has a few friends hanging out with him now, so I might actually have to start cooking so I can use them for something.
 We planted 3 tomato plants, and probably have a dozen tomatoes in various stages of growth now.
 Here is my first little guy that I plan to ingest tomorrow. :-)
 I put in a red pepper too.  He is looking very pretty.  Almost good enough to eat!
 I also planted 3 zucchini, I guess because I lost my mind, so if you start receiving boxes of them in the mail, don't be surprised.
Lastly, I have been waiting to use my new hedge trimmer until my Texas Sage bloomed.  I love this hedge so much.  It does this several times over the warmer months.  This is the first time this spring that it has bloomed.  It smells soooooo good.  The blooms only last about a week and I have trimmed it since taking this picture.  I can't wait for it to bloom again.

6 comments:

Nate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh your hedge is gorgeous! And your veggies look delicious, soooo jealous! Wish us luck today we are going to tackle the front yard. Hopefully we will have some pics to post.

~Cynthia~ said...

Anyone who plans three zucchinis has got to be a little crazy. If we lived closer, I would definitely be over to take some off your hands. I love the hedge. Is that something that would grow in Utah. I've been trying to come up with something I could plant at the top of my hill just beyond the grass to kind of camoflage the weeds on the hill. That hedge would be beautiful. Do they grow tall, or stay kind of on the short side?

Grandmajoann said...

What a gardener you are. It looks like you are successful at all you tried. The hedge is beautiful! And, I too would take some zucchni if you lived closer. I am envious of your success.

Jen said...

I love the hedge too! It is beautiful. Your veggies are also looking good. I have a few little lettuce leaves and I am waiting for them to be big enough to pick.

Sheryl said...

I'm not sure how the hedge would do up there. It is called Texas Sage, google it and see if it work in your climate. It will basically grow as tall as you want to let it grow. I am keeping mine just above the fence line.

I will be boxing up zucchini and mailing them to you all soon!